Holiday Cookies

I've been looking for a go-to cookie recipe for a long time, and I think I may have finally found it!


This is Martha Stewart's Basic Vanilla Cookie Dough. The best part? The geniuses over at Martha Stewart also posted modifications to the basic recipe to convert it to chocolate, spice or citrus cookie dough. It can be made into icebox (sliced) cookies, ball cookies, cookie cutter cookies... the choices are endless!

One recipe to memorize, a billion different applications. It's like Martha was reading my mind.


I dressed up my first batch of holiday cookies by dipping them in melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. While the chocolate was still molten, I sprinkled the cookies with crushed candy canes or sprinkles. Then, let the chocolate firm up again by resting the cookies in the freezer for ten minutes.


These didn't last long, but to be fair, most baked goods don't in our house! I think we're ready for a second batch...

No comments:

Post a Comment