Enchiladas!

I love enchiladas. Every time I'm at an authentic Mexican restaurant I order them, and I'm never disappointed. Perhaps that's why I was so surprised when I realized I didn't have a decent enchilada recipe in my cook book.


Never fear! Somehow Kroger knows how to read my mind, and last week at checkout one of my Catalinas was actually an enchilada recipe. We made it up a few days later, and once I perfect my margarita recipe I'll have no reason to go out for Mexican any longer!

Enchiladas
Serves two, with leftovers for lunch

Ingredients
1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup Pace Picante Sauce (I wasn't actually prepared for this recipe, so I replaced with about 2 tbsp leftover Wholly Guacamole salsa and a healthy dose of hot sauce. It worked, but it was just a little off.)
2 tsp chili powder
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1/2 cup shredded Montery Jack cheese
6 flour tortillas

Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir together the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl. Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and cheese together in a large bowl. Divide the chicken into the tortillas. Roll up and place seam-side down in a baking dish. Pour the remaining soup over the enchiladas. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbling.

Optional: Top with chopped tomatoes and sliced green onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment