S'mores

Well, Merry Christmas readers! The Mister and I took off to visit our families in beautiful, sunny, warm southern Florida for the holidays, and we had a great time. There was, however, one thing missing. It's great to see tall palm trees wrapped in Christmas lights and to be able to wear adorable sundresses for Christmas photos, but I'd trade it all for one good snow fall!

We got home a couple of days ago, and yesterday we were out and about running errands. (One of my gifts is my very own sewing "room" and I was eager to get started picking up supplies!) Sure enough, we pulled up to our local hardware store and down it came -- soft, fragile, fluffy flakes of the white stuff. Real snow! How exciting!

None of it stuck, of course, but it was fun just to see it fall. If you're from the frosty north and you've been snowed on (or snowed in!) long enough to hate snow in all of its forms, please forgive the Florida girl in me.

Anyway, the snow reminded me to get back here and get this post up. I'm not here to talk about snow, but to talk about s'mores. The treat seems to go perfectly with a backdrop of softly falling snow, especially when you add in a great mug of hot cocoa.


This is a great Pinterest find -- easy S'mores you can make at home. The recipe is over at Cooking Classy, but the only real secret is that you use your broiler to roast the marshmallows! Brilliant.

Full disclosure: I had my first s'more only a few weeks ago, at a bonfire. It was magical and wonderful but honestly, a little hard to handle and eat with gloves on. This may be sacrilegious to some of you, but I'd take this easy broiler method over the "real" technique any day.

I hope you all had a great holiday! Do you have any special treats you like to break out this time of year? Let me know in the comments below -- I'd love to try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment