Roasted Red Peppers with Couscous and Feta

In an effort to shake up our weekly routine, my Mister and I decided to spend this week meal planning without meat. That's not to say that everything we're preparing is vegetarian (for example, I used chicken stock in the soup I made last night) but it does mean that meat isn't the main focus of any meal, and they could all easily be adapted to a vegetarian lifestyle.


Tonight's dinner consisted of roasted red peppers with seasoned couscous and feta cheese. It's a great weeknight meal because it requires almost no planning, and it's super quick and easy to make!


Here's the instructions, following my order of operations. First, preheat the oven to 450 degrees. As the oven warms, wash (and if necessary, de-sticker) enough red bell peppers to provide one pepper per person. Place the peppers on a foil lined cookie sheet, making sure they're not touching. Roast the peppers in ten minute increments, turning after each increment until the peppers are nicely cooked and just starting to blacken in spots -- it took me 30 minutes total.


While the peppers are roasting, prepare your couscous. Mine came in a box and, true to advertising, took only 5 minutes to prepare. I followed the box directions to make two servings, cooking 3/4 cup couscous with salt, olive oil and black pepper. Once it was finished, I added lemon juice, dried basil and just a little bit of garlic powder, to taste.


To finish the dish, I tossed feta cheese into the couscous and served the mix over the peppers. Voila, you're done! Go eat, and don't feel guilty about going back for seconds. (We didn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment