Pantone's Color of 2013: Emerald

I'm sure you've heard by now, but in case you've missed it, Pantone released the "Color of the Year" for 2013. I loved 2012's Tangerine Tango, but I have to say that the colour chosen for 2013 is one that is near and dear to my heart...

Emerald!

I've got a nice collection of emerald accents in my closet and jewelry box, but I'll gladly take this as an excuse to expand. Here's a little piece I wore tonight to a pre-holiday party, along with a cream dress and maroon leggings:


Some time last year I added this "Emerald City" nail polish to my growing collection:


I've also blogged previously about my love of this Old Navy dress, especially paired with a green cardigan:


And that's just the beginning of my emerald collection! It's also snuck into my craft stash. Last Christmas (wow, a year ago!) I was gifted this skein of Caron Simply Soft in "Dark Sage":


And finally, I also picked up this pendant from the clearance section of Michaels. It's begging to be strung on some silk ribbon and worn all season long:


Have you fallen for this colour yet? If not, I recommend perusing Pantone's Holiday Look Book board on Pinterest. If you're not sure how you can work Emerald into your closet, Pantone has also released their Spring 2013 Fashion Report that helps you pair the colour with everything from poppy red, nectarine orange, monaco blue, lemon zest yellow and more -- and there's even a palette for men!

No comments:

Post a Comment